CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 pkg (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tsp teaspoon vanilla extract
APPLE CAKE BATTER:
1 c finely chopped pecans
3 c all-purpose flour
1 c granulated sugar
1 c firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground allspice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c •3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c peeled and finely chopped apples (about 1 1/2 lb.)
CARAMEL PECAN FROSTING:
1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 c butter
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c powdered sugar
1 c pecan halves (garnish)
1. 1.Prepare Filling: Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended and smooth. Add egg, flour, and vanilla; beat just until blended.
2. 2.Prepare Batter: Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Stir together 3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in eggs and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples and pecans.
3. 3.Spoon two-thirds of apple mixture into a greased and floured 14-cup Bundt pan. Spoon
Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake w/Caramel Pec
Cream Cheese Filling over apple mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edges of pan. Swirl filling through apple mixture using a paring knife. Spoon remaining apple mixture over Cream Cheese Filling.
4. 4.Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 2 hours).
5. 5.Prepare Frosting: Bring 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 3 Tbsp. milk to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until smooth; stir gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thickens slightly. Pour immediately over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans.
For Complete READING Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>)